Diploma in Education & Training (DET Formerly DTLLS)
Location: Online / self-paced
Duration: 6 Months or flexible
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training aims to give those established within the teaching profession a recognised qualification. This qualification is also suitable for those who are practising within the sector, who have a significant amount of knowledge and understanding and who now wish to consolidate that experience with a formal qualification.
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (DET) programmes are the recognised teaching qualification for the post-16 sector.
• This diploma is equivalent to the second year of a UK bachelor’s degree.
• It is a popular route for prospective teachers who want to pursue a career in further education, or currently hold an FE teaching role and want to gain a full teaching qualification.
The Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree.
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training consists of 4 mandatory units and 5-6 optional units for a combined total of 120 credits.
Mandatory units (75 credits)
1. Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training (20 credits)
2. Developing Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training (20 credits)
3. Theories, Principles and Models in Education and Training (20 credits)
4. Wider Professional Practice and Development in Education and Training (15 credits)
Part 1 : Optional Units (Select minimum 21 credits)
• Understanding and Managing Behaviour in a Learning Environment (6 credits)
• Action Research (15 credits)
• Developing, Using and Organising Resources in a Specialist Area (15 credits)
Part 2 : Optional Units (Select minimum 24 credits)
• Internally assure the quality of assessment (6 credits)
• Evaluating learning programmes (3 credits)
• Manage learning and development in groups (6 credits)
• Equality and Diversity (6 credits)
• Identify the learning needs of organisations (6 credits)
• Inclusive Practice (15 credits)
• Teaching in a Specialist Area (15 credits)
Candidates should have obtained one or a number of the following:-
• Three GCSE passes (at ‘C’ level standard). We will consider higher qualifications (A level) to be a sufficient entry standard
• Level 3 Award in Education and Training in either Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) or Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS) as equivalent qualifications;
• A recognised level 4 qualification;
• 100 hours of teaching experience, should candidates possess no qualification.
• Candidate must provide evidence of proficiency (at level 2 or equivalent) in the English Language.
Our courses represent outstanding value for money
Each course is designed by industry experts, using an innovative interactive learning approach.
Includes step-by-step guided videos tutorials.
24/7 Access to the Online Learning Portal.
Recognised Accredited Qualification.
Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
Excellent customer service and administrative support.